Band camp is next week. Please make sure you have updated final forms and added Marching Band as an extracurricular activity. High School parents and students need to sign the drug screen form in final forms.
Band Camp Things:
Monday, July 19 Band Camp Kickoff 5:30-8:00 PM
Tuesday, July 20-Friday July 23 Band Camp 8:00-5:30 PM
Wednesday, July 21 Drug Screen 1:00 PM
Thursday, July 22 Cookie Dough Fundraiser Kick Off
- Band Camp is next week.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Bring Water.
- Please enter/exit through the band room door/door next to it-C 12 or C 13
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Lunch-The band boosters will provide lunch each day with the band camp fee.
Wednesday is Pizza Day
Thursday is Sandwich lunch
Friday is Cookout lunch
- Uniforms- We will fit uniforms at the beginning of band camp. We could use some parents to help with uniform fittings and lunch.
- Drug testing- All 9-12 grade band students will need to complete drug testing. Drug testing for band will be July 21 at 1:00. The consent form must be completed through final forms. We had it added there last year. Please add Coed Marching Band to your activities and then complete the form there. If you are participating in athletics, you only need to complete 1 drug test.
The marching rockets will be following the protocols set forth by the school district.
Please stay home if you don’t feel well. (Please notify Mr. Moore through email)
Please bring your own water.
Summer band policies:
We will be following the non-contact sports/activity guidelines:
- Participants must conduct daily symptom assessments(self-evaluation).
-Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.*
- Players must not share individual water bottles or other beverages before, during, or after all events.
-No spitting at any time before, during, or after events.
Some band things from last year:
-Bring your own water!
-Everyone should have their own music. No one should be sharing.
-No sharing drum sticks.
Some old band things:
-Students should be dropped off and picked by the band room door at the back of the school. I try my best to be at every band event 30 minutes before the report time to open the door. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING BEFORE MR. MOORE OR MR. P ARRIVE. Band camp week is a good chance to figure out who lives near each other so car pools can be arranged. Please leave the first four spots by the building available for band director parking. Students must wait in the area outside the band room for pick up. I don't want to leave anyone unsupervised. If you anticipate being more than 15 minutes late, please make other arrangements for your child's transportation.They should always wait near the firelane by the band room so Mr. Moore and Mr. P know who is still waiting for a ride.
-Students should not be wandering around the school. We have limited access to the band room, choir room, and a designated restroom.
-Band members should always arrive at practice planning on working outside in athletic shoes for marching with shorts, t-shirt and mask. CNE marching rockets do not rehearse in barefeet or flipflops.
-CNE Band Members should have a natural hair color(does not have to be their own), and long hair should be worn up for performances. If your hair touches the back of your uniform jacket, it should be worn up.
-Lastly, it is very important that students eat properly, rest effectively and hydrate properly. The CNE Marching Rockets work hard to prepare for our performances. We are only as strong as our weakest member, and you aren't helping anyone by being tired or sick and sitting on the sideline. Be prepared to work hard.
Please check your house and car trunks for band uniforms and uniform pieces. We are missing these entire uniforms and many other people are missing pieces.
Fair Parking Fundraiser
Fair Parking spreadsheet
We need help. You earn trip scholarship. Uncle Eddie can help get you to Disney. Please email Mr. Moore to sign up. I will add as I receive them and you will receive a confirmation email. Tickets will be distributed at the end of Band camp.