It’s been a while since I’ve sent an email. The band classes have been working hard preparing for a concert on Tuesday, April 27.
What you need to know:
- All information about the concert is available here. The most important thing is that if we are outside, students can have 4 people attend the concert. If weather forces the concert inside, they may have 2 people attend.
- We will be having band camp this year during the week we normally prepare for the fair parade. That is July 19-23. This will also serve as the preparations for a fair parade if they have one.
- Congratulations to the students that performed at the Spring OMEA Virtual Solo and Ensemble event. The Saxophone Trio earned the top rating in Class C. The Percussion Quartet and Trumpet Trio both earned a II in Class B. Nolan Reed also earned a II in his Class A Euphonium Solo.
- Drumline Auditions for the 2021 Marching Rockets will be Thursday, May 20 after school. If you cannot make this date, please make arrangements with Mr. Moore before this date.
- Marching Rocket Leadership applications will be available next week. This is for students who are interested in serving the band as Field Commander, Dance Commander or Percussion Section Leader and will be in band class daily next school year as a Junior or Senior.
Band Performance Schedule
Tuesday, April 27 Band and Choir Concert 6:00 PM Start
Friday, May 14 Academic Signing Day 1:00 PM
Thursday, May 20 Drumline Auditions 2:15-3:30
Tuesday, May 25 2021 Marching Rockets Launch Party TBA
Monday, July 19-Friday, July 23 2021 Band Camp