Band starts next week. Please make sure you have updated final forms and added Marching Band as an extracurricular activity.
Tuesday, July 12 Night Band 5:30-8:00PM
Monday, July 18 Band Camp Kickoff 5:30-8:00PM
Tuesday, July 19-Friday July 22 Band Camp 8:00-5:30PM
Sunday July 24 Clermont County Fair Parade 12:30 Report
Monday, July 25-Saturday July 30 Clermont County Fair Parking Fundraiser
Tuesday, August 2 Night Band 5:30-8:00PM
- Band Camp is next week.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Bring Water.
- Please enter/exit through the band room door/door next to it-C 12 or C 13
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Lunch-The band boosters will provide lunch each day with the band camp fee $40.
Wednesday is ChickFilA Day
Thursday is Pizza Day
Friday is Cookout lunch
- Uniforms- We will fit uniforms at the beginning of band camp. We could use some parents to help with uniform fittings and lunch.
- Drumline auditions are incomplete. We will figure it out next week. Thanks to everyone that submitted their audition.
- The Clermont County Fair Parade will be Sunday, July 24. We will wear blue band shirts, shorts and gym shoes. Please plan to arrive in front of the Owensville building by 12:30(it becomes challenging to get there after that time). The band will be dismissed on the infield grass at the fairgrounds.
- We will be working fair parking again. We have been offered more money and need to provide less coverage, which means you will be able to earn more trip scholarship per shift. To sign up, email Mr. Moore or Jenny. Fair parking sign up Fair Parking
Summer band policies:
Some band things from the past two years:
-Bring your own water!
-Everyone should have their own music.
- Participants must conduct daily symptom assessments(self-evaluation).
-Anyone experiencing symptoms should stay home. Please email Mr. Moore.
-No spitting at any time before, during, or after events.
Some old band things:
-Students should be dropped off and picked by the band room door at the back of the school. I try my best to be at every band event 30 minutes before the report time to open the door. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING BEFORE MR. MOORE OR MR. P ARRIVE. Band camp week is a good chance to figure out who lives near each other so car pools can be arranged. Please leave the first four spots by the building available for band director parking. Students must wait in the area outside the band room for pick up. I don't want to leave anyone unsupervised. If you anticipate being more than 15 minutes late, please make other arrangements for your child's transportation.They should always wait near the firelane by the band room so Mr. Moore and Mr. P know who is still waiting for a ride.
-Students should not be wandering around the school. We have limited access to the band room, choir room, and a designated restroom.
-Band members should always arrive at practice planning on working outside in athletic shoes for marching with shorts, t-shirt and mask. CNE marching rockets do not rehearse in barefeet or flipflops.
-CNE Band Members should have a natural hair color(does not have to be their own), and long hair should be worn up for performances. If your hair touches the back of your uniform jacket, it should be worn up.
-Lastly, it is very important that students eat properly, rest effectively and hydrate properly. The CNE Marching Rockets work hard to prepare for our performances. We are only as strong as our weakest member, and you aren't helping anyone by being tired or sick and sitting on the sideline. Be prepared to work hard.