The Marching Rockets will be celebrating homecoming this week. The Rockets play the Wildcats of Blanchester.
What you need to know this week:
- Thursday-Drumline tune up after school from 2:10-3:00. This is for drumline only. Late bus is available, please send a note stating that your child is staying after school for drum tutoring.
- Friday is a BUSY day.
- Pep Rally at 1:15 at the high school
- Parade at 5:45-Students need to be at the high school in uniform by 5:30 to get on the bus.
- We will perform at pregame, halftime, and postgame. Alumni band members can pick up instruments from the band room during 3rd quarter. There will be no alumni band rehearsal.
- Students should eat before they arrive. They will have a break during 3rd quarter to visit the restroom and concession stand.
- Boosters will provide water during the game.
- The CNE Band uniform includes the student providing long black socks, royal blue shirt, and long hair tied up and tucked into the band hat. There are quite a few members that still owe for their band shoes-$30.00 payable to CNE Band Boosters.
- We have several concession openings this week and next week that need to be filled. Concession Spreadsheet Please email Ms. Leiman or Mr. Moore to sign up. We are looking for workers for Thursday Volleyball and Friday Football.
- We also have opportunities to earn trip scholarship by staffing the horse barn booth at the Pumpkin Run. This is the only booth the band works and the only booth that generates funds for the band. Band Pumpkin Run Sheet
What you need to start planning for next week:
- 9/26 Monday-Band Pictures at 1:15
- 9/27 Tuesday- Nite Band Practice 5:30-8:00
- 9/29 Thursday-.Home Football vs. Bethel Tate. We will be joined by the 7th grade band members for pregame.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday Pumpkin Run
Cookie Dough Fundraiser Delay
The Mrs. Fields fundraiser will hopefully be scheduled for delivery soon. The band did not sell enough items so they are waiting to combine our delivery with another school’s delivery. As soon as I have confirmation of the date, I will let you know.